Thursday 28 May 2015

Leon to San Martin del Camino 24kms

I left Leon this morning early.  I started walking around 6am and arrived here just after noon.  A couple of coffee stops and bought a bocadillo about 5 km back. I'm in an albergue in a small village on a busy road. Seems like most people here speak everything but English so I will have a quiet night.  I  walked today mostly with Barbara from Victoria.  She is a psych nurse and it turns out that she is Paul Dumont's niece.  It is funny to meet someone on the trail in Spain who is so closely connected.  Hah. Well, she and her friend went on further so who knows if I will see her again.
There have been some pretty funny events on this trip.  I'm not sure if I wrote about what the medication I bought turned out to be.  Apparently it was Malaria medication! So that was not what I was expecting.
Another nice day, sunny and cool early in the morning and quite warm in the afternoon. I try to finish my walking around noon to avoid the heat.  Tomorrow I should get to Astorga.

Oh, one more thing,  the laundry is behind the building by the  chickens.

hit the city, culture shock

oh but the paella and cervesa.  mmm

lots of cultured forests here

just cool

1 comment:

  1. What is that old line about it being a small world after all? Surprising still.

    ReplyDelete