Monday 1 June 2015

On the home stretch!

From Molinaseca to Cacabelos to Rutelan.
I started out yesterday nice and early but wasn't able to get out of the Albergue. I sat down on the stairs and ate my yogurt while waiting for the owner to come and unlock the door.  It was a bit strange to be unable to leave the residence and of course you wonder about emergencies.  Well, no harm done and I walked into Ponferadda and had some breakfast before moving on. I later ran into my room mate from the night before. I had left the young men all sleeping but this one got up and going.  He started his walk a couple of days ago so was all fresh and energetic though he has blisters and so is now walking in his crocs.  I also saw Faia the girl I met in the train station in Bordeaux so many days ago. She is doing well and has been having a good experience.  I stopped in Cacabelos quite early and got into a private Albergue with 4 beds in the room.  Beautiful park and nice square in Cacabelos. It was Sunday and clearly the first communion for the very dressed up young girls and boys. The girls were dressed in white long lacey dresses. The whole families were there and so serious. It was great to see. I managed to get a nice bowl of curry for dinner. it was a nice change. I'm also loving the cervesa con limon a lot.(Clara in Spanish) I am having one after my walk each day. ....hmmm, could be a nice habit along with the little nap that seems to be required after the cervesa and lunch.

made me smile

would just move right into this place and maybe never leave

Across from the Albergue in Ruitelan

Today started out with a beautiful walk through hills and vineyards. Then a wall through a small city and the rest of the way was along the road through lots of villages.  I ended up in a funny albergue in this tiny village.  The cook is very funny, has been cooking for hours and is singing away while he is cooking.  Reports say that the food is great here.
Off to hike O'Cerebrio in the morning. The sign in the restaurant says 162 kms left! The map says about  170. Whew

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like good days to bring a close to the journey. Beautiful country and glad you are re-connecting with other travelers from earlier in the trip.

    ReplyDelete